Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, and a little poem....





In gratitude for the celebration of my life, light and a poem happening my way through the night....



Lear-y

I have
not so far to fall from
grace:

one trip by car to the grocery
ten blocks away
what I said
and did not say
one banana picked south
of California
a thought to feed the animal
I live in
that striped rug from China
not listening when you talk
not listening to my heart
doubting magic
sizing rocks
thinking too much.

Two sons
receive the model of my living.
Two sons
of mine inherit our Earth.

What if
they take this gift from me, ungrateful?
Have I
received its value full, myself?

To fool, to fool,
forget yourself,
flip the looking,
laugh.

Thirty-six years
behind me now.
What else have I
to do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

I didn't forget! I'm just going to call you, but I might get machined....

Jeesh, I wish I was 36 again. You're a youngster. But wise in that.

oh, hugs to you!
me

Seda said...

Happy Birthday!
Dearest one.

I love your wisdom, and your vision, and your poetry. Mah-velous, dahling!

Big hugs,