Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fundamental Difference

"I'm back at my old Waldorf school again," a young friend shared with us at dinner.

"Waldorf? Circle time -- iahhhhhhhhh!" shrieked Trinidad, wide-eyed running from the room. He returned momentarily with swinging stride and eight-year-old slouch, grinning broadly.

"We like to have a bit of drama in our family," I told our friend.

She looked at me blankly. "We like to have harps in our classroom," she offered.

A fundamental difference. Perhaps irreconcilable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hah!

Do you use the harps as a new kind of projectile weapon to shoot little spears or are they used as ramps for the lego guys to fly from? Or do they transform into flying harps who eat the evil guys who try to play with them?


girlie girls--gotta love 'em.
hugs
me