Monday, September 22, 2008

The New Tamagotchi

It's an electronic pet, complete with video games by which one can win points to buy "stuff" which will keep one's pet happy. It is suddenly essential to social life on our block. Trinidad was so excited for M-- to get home from school today, "so their Tamagotchis could connect."

Throughout the night, the *#! thing bleeped randomly every hour or two. When I reported this to its father, Trinidad said, "Yeah. When I got up, I discovered it had a toothache and pooped a whole lot." I nodded. (He asked if he should teach me to fix its tooth ache and clean up after it in case it happens again, and what -- oh what?! -- do you think I said?)

"How do you like parenting?" I asked.

"It's fun," he said. "But he doesn't always want to do what I want to do."

An authentic electronic experience.

2 comments:

Seda said...

You've got to train that thing to jump up and scream in his ear - give him an authentic parenting experience!

Anonymous said...

HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!!!!