Sunday, April 12, 2009

What They Said....

No names named, here are some gems from kids in my world this week:

Advertising spy services,
"I'm a Spy. You can tell because of my [cowboy] boots and... all this stuff [sunglasses]. My shirt says 'Sketchers,' but it's really a spy shirt -- see? It says 'S.' Spy."

Describing a younger sibling,
"He was excited about 'dickers' which was his word for 'stickers,' and then he came over with respiratory napkins stuck all over him...."
(That is what those napkins are about, isn't it? A reminder to breathe deeply?)


My six-year old told me after babysitting a four-year old (mother's helper):
"I told him I could read him a book and he said, 'What? No, you can't read books. Only adults can do that.' [Me: What did you tell him?] I said, 'Well, actually, anyone can read if they practice.'"

2 comments:

Seda said...

So sweet! You might mention, though, that those "respiratory napkins" were supposed to be "feminine napkins." Just for clarity's sake!

Happy Easter!

Jessie said...

Hi Kristin,

I nominated your blog for a Sisterhood Award. You can see the post on my blog at: http://faulknercarpenter.blogspot.com/2009/04/sisterhood-award.html

There are many things I love about your writing. Most of all I love it when one of your posts makes me laugh outloud (which is often).

The suggestions that go with this award are:

Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude.
Be sure to link to your nominees in your post.
Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.

Much care,
Jessie